Software architect and developer with over twenty-five years of experience in R&D and product development positions. For the last four years I have worked in investment banking.
- Object Oriented design and development in C++.
- Refactoring of large software products to improve performance and robustness.
- Parallel processing: design and development of high performance multithreaded, multiprocessing, and distributed applications.
- Development of efficient algorithms.
- Scientific computing.
- Development of compilers and interpreters.
- Low-level optimization in Assembler (when absolutely necessary).
- Low-(hardware register) level debugging, when necessary, to diagnose obscure, intermittent errors.
Technologies I have used, to various depths, and not necessarily recently, include:
Visual C++, x86 Assembler, STL, DataSynapse, TCP/IP sockets, WinSock, MFC, COM, DCOM, ATL, UML, Design Patterns, H.323 and related ITU T protocols (H.245, H.225, Q.931, H.261, etc.) for videoconferencing, Microsoft SQL Server (up to v.7), Subversion, GUI development, CD-R device drivers, SCSI, XML, HTML, MAPI, TAPI, graphic formats and compression algorithms.